As we head into uncertain times it is important that we keep our customers and staff informed about the evolving situation in our community due to the impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We are treating the pandemic seriously and wanted to share with you our plan to support the health and safety of our staff and customers and help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We’ve put in place measures to protect stakeholders in our organisation and have already taken a range of precautionary measures across our sites.
Some of the measures we have put in action to protect our staff and customers:
- Compulsory customer health screening questionnaire before every appointment to identify any health risks. Where possible, a CHESS Connect staff member will call prior to a customer’s appointment to conduct the health screening over the phone.
- Compulsory staff health screening questionnaire to be completed every 7 days or more frequently as required to identify any health risks.
- A ban on any meetings and appointments in enclosed public areas such as cafes. Our offices remain open, with staff practising social distancing measures.
- Establishment of a COVID-19 contingency team responsible for communication between staff, customers and government departments – staying abreast of the evolving COVID-19 situation and any changes to our service delivery.
- Communication plans to keep staff and customers up to date on operational updates, proper hygiene and social distancing advice
- Provision of extra cleaning and sanitary products to each office to facilitate proper hygiene and cleaning practice
At this point, we continue to respond and act as advised, following the advice from the Australian Government, the Department of Health, and our other Government service departments. Currently, we are still providing services to our customers and the broader community, ensuring that we take into account the advice given to us in regards to proper hygiene and social distancing.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve we will communicate any changes swiftly to all stakeholders in our organisation.
We are now, as always, committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our local communities. For information updates on our organisation please refer to our social media platforms or our website. www.chessconnect.org.au
For information and updates on the state and national response to the COVID-19 pandemic please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au
Chief Executive Officer